Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Since the Second Circuit has been issuing nothing but summary opinions for the past few days and I haven't found anything of real interest going back the past few weeks, I'm going off topic a bit, and talk about legal blogs (I've never warmed up to the term "blawg" for some reason) that I like. I'm not one of those lawyers who checks 50 blogs a day. I'm much more selective than that.
Of course, the legal blog god is Howard Bashman. I can't understand how Howard makes a living, considering the time he puts into his blog, How Appealing, which purports to involve appellate law, but basically tells you everything you want to know about what's going on in the legal world. Practically the first thing I do every morning is check out his blog, and there's always something of interest.
I also check out C.E. Petit's Scrivener's Error blog. It covers publishing law, but often goes afield to other areas. I'm not actively involved in that area of law, but Charlie is a friend of mine and I find his insights fascinating, even if I don't always agree with him.
The blogosphere is lousy with law student bloggers. I find most of them pretentious and unworthy of my time, but Heidi Bond's Letters of Marque blog is worth reading for its sheer wackiness.

No comments: