Thursday, March 18, 2004

You don't know me. This is my first post and my first blog. My name is Sandy Hausler, and I am a New York attorney. Don't hold that against me. Although I would like to say that I practice solely in the appellate courts, that is not true. I practice in every court in New York State, from top to bottom, but my one true love is appellate advocacy. My book shelf is full of books on appellate practice, including Stern, Gressman, Shapiro & Geller, Supreme Court Practice (8th edition), Garner, The Winning Brief and oddities like Weiner, Briefing and Arguing Federal Appeals (it took me years to find a copy of that -- it has just come back into print). Since, I am an appellate geek, I decided to do a blog about my home Circuit, the Second Circuit. I may occasionally talk about other local appellate courts, especially if I am involved in the case, or even other circuits and the Supreme Court, but ordinarily I will be telling you about what's happening in the Second Circuit. I hope you enjoy it. Come back soon and tell all your friends about this blog.

No comments: